2 December 2020 — Build 405
- Fixes an issue on Big Sur 11.0.1 that stopped Muzzle from turning DND off correctly.
- Fixes an issue where everyone's entire family tree emailed me about an issue on Big Sur 11.0.1 that stopped Muzzle from turning DND off correctly.
Unbelievably, we're still doing this: The Unmuzzled Podcast.
11 November 2020 — Build 401
- Native support for Apple Silicon Macs.
- Support for macOS Big Sur.
- Refined behavior on Catalina and Mojave.
- The "Hide Menubar Icon" option now persists across restarts.
- If you use Zoom, Muzzle will show you how to turn off the Zoom setting that conflicts with Muzzle.
- This version drops support for macOS 10.11, 10.12, and 10.13.
Just what America needs:
Nevada's fucking vote count a new podcast! It's like an audio form of the Muzzle website, weekly: The Unmuzzled Podcast.
29 September 2018 — Build 301
Stuff and Things:
- This version of Muzzle works on macOS Mojave.
- If you're on Mojave, Do-Not-Disturb toggling is much more reliable and no longer depends on the language your Mac is set to use—Apple fixed bugs!
- This version works on macOS 10.11 through 10.13, too.
- Muzzle 2.0 is coming.
- It does a lot more to eliminate the risk of public humiliation on your Mac.
- It's awesome, it's going to save you SO much time, and you'll love it.
- If you do not love it, Vinny will stop by to hear your concerns.
If you like Muzzle, me, my work, or free heroin, please consider throwing a dollar into my Patreon page. Thanks!
13 September 2017 — Build 246
- You can now hide Muzzle's menubar icon. See the Preferences window.
- Muzzle now works correctly if your Mac's language is not set to English.
Not in This Release:
- Super-important identifying information about 143 million people. #thanksEquifax
- A leaked copy of the iOS Golden Master.
- I guess you could say I'm having a pretty okay week.
If you like Muzzle, me, my work, or free heroin, please consider throwing a dollar into my new Patreon page. Thanks!
5 July 2017 — Build 117
This is the initial public release of Muzzle!
The Origin Story:
Muzzle was born in a group iMessage thread. See, Brian was screensharing with a client when Josh sent him a message about that client, which macOS delightfully showed...to the client. Bad times were had by all. But Brian and Josh knew a Mac developer. And that Mac developer had a working build of Muzzle in their hands five hours later.
- An issue where the app always thought there was an update available.
- An issue where the "start at login" option did not work.
- The app now remembers what state Do Not Disturb was in before screensharing started and restores that state when it ends.
- This means that if DND is ON when you start screensharing, Muzzle won't turn it off when sharing ends.
20 June 2017 — Build 57
This was the initial beta release of Muzzle. It went out to a few good friends who were willing to risk their Macs with a new, untested app.