13 September 2017 — Build 246
- You can now hide Muzzle's menubar icon. See the Preferences window.
- Muzzle now works correctly if your Mac's language is not set to English.
Not in This Release:
- Super-important identifying information about 143 million people. #thanksEquifax
- A leaked copy of the iOS Golden Master.
- I guess you could say I'm having a pretty okay week.
If you like Muzzle, me, my work, or free heroin, please consider throwing a dollar into my new Patreon page. Thanks!
5 July 2017 — Build 117
This is the initial public release of Muzzle!
The Origin Story:
Muzzle was born in a group iMessage thread. See, Brian was screensharing with a client when Josh sent him a message about that client, which macOS delightfully showed...to the client. Bad times were had by all. But Brian and Josh knew a Mac developer. And that Mac developer had a working build of Muzzle in their hands five hours later.
- An issue where the app always thought there was an update available.
- An issue where the "start at login" option did not work.
- The app now remembers what state Do Not Disturb was in before screensharing started and restores that state when it ends.
- This means that if DND is ON when you start screensharing, Muzzle won't turn it off when sharing ends.
20 June 2017 — Build 57
This was the initial beta release of Muzzle. It went out to a few good friends who were willing to risk their Macs with a new, untested app.